The Freehold Borough Municipal Court is part of the Judiciary of the State of New Jersey. Its duties include the resolution of motor vehicle and other offenses occurring within the Borough.
Freehold Borough Municipal Court will be conducting all future court sessions virtually. These sessions are presided over by the Honorable Scott J. Basen. Court Sessions are held on Tuesdays at 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Below you will find guidance for virtual court proceedings. YOU MUST PROVIDE THE COURT WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS THREE (3) DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR ASSIGNED COURT DATE in order for an email link to be sent to you.
BEFORE JOINING VIRTUAL COURT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO WATCH THE FOLLOWING: Municipal Court Opening Statement
By joining the Virtual Court session you are certifying that you have watched the aforementioned video.
YOU MUST CONTACT THE PROSECUTOR OR YOUR PUBLIC DEFENDER PRIOR TO YOUR VIRTUAL COURT DATE AT THE EMAIL ADDRESS LISTED BELOW
If you have not been assigned to the public defender and wish to apply for public defender services, you must complete the Judicial Financial Questionnaire (English or Spanish) and return to this office three (3) days prior to your scheduled virtual court appearance via mail or email to this office at email@example.com.
There are multiple ways of joining a virtual court session, each with different requirements.
- PC/Mac Laptop or desktop – you will need a browser which will run OfficeSuite HD Meetings. A microphone and video camera are required.
- Smart Phone – install OfficeSuite HD Meetings app and allow access to your camera and microphone.
- Call in – You can dial into the proceedings and appear by phone by calling the phone number listed on your video court email notice.
Keys to successful Virtual Court appearance:
- Limit background noise
- Connect to the meeting using your real first and last name on the display
- Be sure to allow any connections to audio and video by OfficeSuite HD Meetings
- If you are not successful with video, be prepared to call in with the phone number listed in your video court email notice.
- Please note that you will be “muted” upon entry to the court session and will be “unmuted” when your matter is to be heard.
- Request for a time to pay Order requires you to complete and submit the Financial Questionnaire to the Court for review. Kindly complete same and return to the court prior to your court date.(English or Spanish)
If you have any questions or concerns regarding an upcoming scheduled court matter, please call the court office at 732-462-2444. Freehold Borough Municipal Court hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am through 4:00 p.m.